11 inch Galileo Thermometer with Etched Glass Globe Barometer
A lovely conversation starter and a fun example of early scientific measurement, this Galileo thermometer and Glass Barometer set from Lily's Home® engages the eye while monitoring the weather. Designed for approximate interpretation of temperature and general prediction of fair or foul weather, the set features glass instruments that rely on the principles of buoyancy and air pressure for their function. The Glass barometer is in a shape of a globe. In the thermometer, the brightly colored internal spheres rise and lower with fluctuations in temperature and corresponding density. The ball-shaped barometer shifts liquid to and from its curved spout in response to changes in the air pressure. Both pieces are beautifully shaped. A wooden base makes the set easily displayable on desk or bookshelf. Delightful for gift giving, the unit measures 9 inches long and stands 12 inches high.
- Wood base with with an 11 inch glass Galileo Thermometer, Glass barometer with blue coloring powder.
- The Galileo Thermometer is 11.4 inch tall with 5 colorful floats each with gold plated tag represents temperatures from 64ºF to 80ºF
- Glass Barometer globe with blue coloring powder, plastic syringe and tube - All that needed to put the colored water in the globe.
- Approximately 9 inches long and 12 inches high. Instructions included.
- Lily's Home® is a registered trademark of Solar Wholesale, LLC.